Try to be somebody | Saint Laurent & Balenciaga

00:26


The last few days I really tried to reflect myself. I noticed that a lot of negative energy from my university time was still hiding in me. Normally I'm a pretty positive and funny person but the last years I shut myself off.

It's something I never talked about but for me it was pretty tough at university to fit in. I always had to face the prejudices people had the first time seeing me. I was postmarked as the snotty boy, driving Porsche with the age of 18 and running a blog. I really had the feeling that most people at university didn't take me seriously. Especially the first semester wasn't that fun. I have never seen myself as an arrogant person or somebody who has his head in the clouds. But I got that stamp by several persons at university: some students and especially teaching stuff.

Some professors don't even tried to memorize my name, I was just called the blogger boy or the Porsche driver. I mean that does not hurt me at all. My parents teached me while growing up to ignore those statements. But nonetheless over the years I tired to demagnify my attack surface and I guess that is the thing why felt pretty bad.

It was not that easy to turn my whole life upside down. I never had to think about what to say & what to keep in secret before university or what to wear. But with the years I learned just to talk about the studies with those people I wasn't real close to. I kept my private life private.

I never had a situation like this during my time in South France, in London or my school time.
But with every day after my exam I realize more that I'm feeling better. Especially the move to Oberkassel is like a big step back to my old me. 
It's such a good feeling to be one of them just naturally and not because pretending to be someone else.

At this point I would like to say that I'm super happy and grateful about the privileged life I'm living. I have to thank my parents for all the support in those 25 years & a big thank you to my friends who had to listen to all those annoying university stories.
It is done and now I'm taking all those experiences and turn them into pure positivity!
I mean life is way too short to be influenced by bad vibes. Do what you love and what makes you happy!

- the outfit -

1. Saint Laurent blazer
2. Topman shirt
3. Zara pants
4. Balenciage sneaker
5. Audemars Piguet watch
6. Saint Laurent bracelet
7. Kerbholz shades

Hopefully you liked this very personal post.

Cheers,
Marc

P.s: Some people asked me why I'm never laughing on pictures. That has nothing in common with the story I told you above. I had braces at the age of 13 (the invisible ones) and I did not want people to see them so I unlearned how to laugh naturally. If somebody is taking a picture of me laughing today I'm looking like having an apoplexy :D.







You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe