Dapper Travel | Bayerischer Hof Munich

14:29




















Back in Munich for a few days of meetings before I jet off to university again. This time I stayed in one of Germanys most prestigious family established hotels the 'Bayerischer Hof'. It is located directly in the heart of Munich with a breathtaking view on the Dome. When you step over the beam of this hotel you can feel the heritage & elegance of 175 years.
This day I had a pretty tough journey that's why I was even more happy about the wonderful room I got and the whole comfort which makes this hotel one of the Leading Hotels of the world. After having a bath in the marble bath tube and eating some of the pralines I got (at this point thanks for that, best truffles I had for a long time) I was totally ready to explore the whole hotel.
A big thank you to the hotels PR agent who spent a lot of time answering all of my questions and showing me every part of the hotel. What I didn't expect was the insanely big size of the hotel. 340 rooms, 5 restaurants, 6 bars, a cinema, a spa, a nightclub,several different shopping opportunities and a theater are included. It's like a microcosm, a little exclusive city in the city. So if you are not willing to walk outside the hotel you have a lot of possibilities what to do.
Well I spent the rest of my day with some PR meetings and in the evening I enjoyed the special atmosphere of Falks bar. It is named after the father of todays Hotel manager Innegrit Volkhardt. He rebuilt the hotel after the 2nd world war and turned it again into an elegant place which became quickly one of the favorite spots for not only German but international society and intelligentsia.
In 1992 his youngest daughter took over the management of the Bayerischen Hof and led it into the future. She hired Andrée Putman, the international Grande Dame of good taste, to design the Blu Spar of the hotel which was built in 2003. André Putman is well know for creating shops for Balenciaga, Azzedine Alaīa & Karl Lagerfeld & for her motto 'Why change things that are good?'. Thats why she decided to design this spa inspired by modern straight elegance to give the splendid view on the Alps and the dome its own framework. For me it is definitely one of the most beautiful spots in Munich, because you can escape the hustle and bustle of the city without leaving it.

I can't wait to get back to this place! This should be a little teaser to all of you because no words can describe the atmosphere in this hotel. You definitely have to feel it on your own!

Cheers,
Marc

P.s: If you click on the last picture you will be connected to the hotels website to get some more informations

- photocredit: Hotel Bayerischer Hof -






You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe