Paris | City of distinctions

22:36






















Le Vrai Paris … c'est quoi?
Like you could have read several posts ago I went to Paris for Mens Fashion Week. I had a great time in Paris with a lot of events, partys and shows. And now I would like to give you a little review of my time & the city. (next post will be about the shows I visited and the breathtaking collections)
Well first of all Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, I'm sure about that. Most of the time I had a driver bringing me from A to B but one day I walked from Montmartre, where I lived during Fashion Week, into the city center. This day I recognized that Paris is a city of distinctions. On the one hand you have the glamourous, surreal fashion world with its sparkling, wealthy and outgoing people drinking champagne at the after show party of a fancy designer and on the other there is so much poverty in this city. The homeless people are laying on the funnels of the Metro to keep themselves warm & refugees are selling roasted chestnuts out of a shopping karts. Paris rendered me speechless and let me reflect about the bubble I'm living in. This city is beautiful and cruel at the same time. If you are wealthy you can have the time of your life in Paris. There are so many fantastics hotels, restaurants and shopping destinations that you can't visit them all within a year. But if you are needy Paris is a very tough place to live. After this day I realized how thankful I and a lot of other people should be, having such an good life. Keep that in mind and you'll see that your 'first world problems' are pretty little in comparison to other peoples problems.
That is also the reason why I'm not showing you pictures of the highlife of the 8th & 16th arrondissement today. Instead I would like to show you these pictures I took at Montmarte. There are so many charming corners there, a lot of little shops & cafés, typical French boulangeries, food and flower stores. I had such a great time discovering this down-to-earth part of the city I never visited before. It's so inspiring to see the French way of living, especially at night when all the people come out to have a glass of wine in one of the typical Parisian bistros.

I hope that I could give you a thought-provoking impulse to open your eyes, especially when you are in Paris. Normally bloggers are always talking about the good side of life but I needed to show you the other side of Paris because it really touched me on an emotional level.

Je vous remercie de votre attention!
Merci

Cheers,
Marc

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe