I’m back!

22:41



Dear guys, I’m back!
Perhabs you noticed that I didnt wrote new blog posts the last few month and you wondered why. There were a few reasons I want to share with you.

First reason was my preliminary examination I passed this March. It was a very tough time for me because of learning and a lot of pressure to fail.
My top priority during this time was definitely university and my hobbies like my blog had to wait.

Second reason was to increase my Instagram  popularity because I noticed that a lot of people are more into browsing through some pictures than reading a whole article. That’s why I decided to focus on Instagram.

Now I’m back, still under pressure because of university but I can’t stand the pain to lose sight of my blog.

The next days I’ll post about some things that happened in the meantime.


First I like to start with a topic which means a lot to me because I thought about it for a long time.
"Why isn't Germany a bigger player in Fashion industry?"
Like you could already have seen I went to Milano a few weeks ago.
During this time the image I had in my mind about Germany was stabled. Germany is really not a big player in Fashion Industry and that could also be seen on the streets of German cities. 
On paper, Germany should be the fashion capital of Europe.The country is Europe’s largest national economy and its biggest consumer of apparel and footwear.
Germany is also home to some important luxury brands — Hugo Boss, Escada & Jil Sander — as well as the birthplace of sportswear giants Adidas and Puma. Fast-fashion houses like H&M and Zara counts the country as its biggest market.


Berlin alone has ten fashion schools, a Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and more than five leading fashion trade fairs.


So why is Germany not a significant influence in international fashion? New York, London, Paris and Milan are globally recognised fashion capitals. The same cannot be said of Berlin, Hamburg, Munich or Cologne.
The German taste for understatement and simplicity may also be part of the reason for the country’s relatively small fashion influence. With a few notable exceptions (Hugo Boss, Jil Sander and Escada), Germany’s biggest clothing brands are positioned at the middle of the market, delivering practical basics and styles that serve the tastes of the country’s ageing population.
In fact, Germany is home to many of the biggest fashion brands you’ve never heard of, if you aren't German. For example the fashion group Gerry Weber ranks in the top 100 of the world’s largest fashion firms, along with Hermès and Prada. 
Germany’s relative lack of fashion influence can also be linked to the country’s political history. Since 1871, when the Germanic states were first united, the country has repeatedly been broken into pieces and put back together again. Splitted into East and West after the Second World War, Germany spent most of the second half of the 20th century divided into two different economic and political systems.Even today, the country seems to be divided — between the thrifty north and the wealthier south and by the insularity of its 16 Bundesländer (geographical states), which each retain a measure of sovereignty.Maybe the situation would be another if the German fashion inustry had been focused on one location, like Berlin, Hamburg, Düsseldorf or Munich. Perhabs Germany would be more internationally recognized than it is today.
So dear guys, let's change the fashion-image of Germany. Let's be more than tourists wearing sandals and tennis socks. We have to become a little braver and we have to try something new. Let's show the world that Germany got style!

Yours faithfully,
Marc



You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe