Design Classics | Interior Inspiration

18:41



Like you could already have seen on my Insta story I'm moving. I'm super excited about it because I'm moving into a bigger modern flat in my absolute favorite district Oberkassel. I don't want to tell you all about it but I guess there will be a little home story when I arranged everything. But this could take a wile. At the other side moving is soooo much work you can not imagine.
It's pretty tough to find the good moving company and even harder to get the perfect kitchen. I don't want to spread bad vibes but especially kitchen builders drove me totally crazy the last days. But this is another story for another blogpost.

Today I want talk about interior design, my favorite pieces and which kind of furniture is fitting to which kind of flat.

I have to admit that I never had a big interest into interior design, but that changed a few weeks ago. I spent a lot of time going through several online designer interior stores to find the perfect furniture for my new flat. (Btw the delivery times are hilarious... hopefully my flat is ready in half a year). Soon I'll  show you my favorite online shops for interior design.
My thoughts while scrolling through all this furniture was that I want to buy pieces with a good quality which are timesless.
Besides I'm not a big fan of Ikea. Sure it could look good but finally for me it's always a stopgab for designer furniture and most of the time these pieces look a little shabby after a few years or moving.
Furthermore the good looking pieces by Ikea aren't that cheap, so why not saving the money for something special. But that is a decision everyone have to make for his-/herself.

So I became a lover of furniture classics like literally all pieces by Vitra, Knoll, Thonet, Cassina, Eileen Gray, Kartell & Aram Designs. That's why I ordered some pieces for my new flat. In the pictures above and below you find my absolute absolute favorits.

I'm totally craving for this tulip table by Knoll. There are so many versions of it. I ordered the simple white lacquered version, but the one with the marble plate on it is a stunner for every dinning room as well.

Another piece I'm very into is the Eileen Gray table. It's an absolute classic and the favorite table of my mum btw. The combination of glass and chrome is turning this piece into something very modern and light and it seems to be kind of invisible. I simply adore it.

If we talk about classics the designs by Charles & Ray Eames should also be mentioned. Especially the lounge chair is an evergreen. I can't wait to show you the couch i ordered which is inspired by the Charles & Ray Eames lounge chair.

But obviously not every piece of furniture is perfect for your flat. First of all it is all about the size (lol). I mean if you have a small flat you should not choose very dark pieces or leather furniture because they swallow too much light so your flat looks even smaller. That's why you should always think about using lighter colors to creat a feeling of a bigger room. Besides less is more especially in small rooms, because a little space with a lot going on can look like a mess.
If you have more space with a lot of windows and light you can go for black furniture. In this case you have nearly every option but nonetheless I would keep it very clean an simple as well. But this is just my taste.

Hopefully you like these kind of posts.

Cheers,
Marc

P.s: There will also be a post about my favorite online stores for furniture in a few days. Other favorites of mine can be seen and bought in the store below.








photocredit: Dezeen, Stilwerk, AD

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe