Dapper Travel | Regent Berlin

15:22




















Fashion Week. A stressful, hectical, but extremly interesting and funny time.
For these days the most important thing is to have a comfortable retreat, so you can calm down after all those meetings, shows, side events and get togethers.
This season I had the pleasure to stay at the one and only Regent Berlin. I couldn’t imagine a better place to stay. Pure luxury, a unique service and the design of the belle epoque turn this hotel into an experience you will never forget.
On Monday I arrived at about 01:00PM in my taxi from the central station Berlin.  I walked through the vitreous entrance door and stood in an incredibly breathtaking marble lobby with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. From this point I knew that I would feel like home at the Regent.  So I went to the reception and got the key card for my room.  I was treated so incredibly well. I had a room on the sixth floor with a wonderful view on the French Dom and the whole Gendarmenmarkt.
The rooms design is leaned on the rest of the hotel. Marble, wood and golden details can be find everywhere and let you feel the heritage of this house.
I really loved the big marble bathroom. With its marble bathtube and big shower it encourages the guest to linger and to have a great relaxing time.
Well after a few minutes enjoying the fantastic view I got from my room I had to hurry a little because my cooperation with Chopard.
So after my meeting I took a taxi and drove back to the Regent and left my mobile phone in the taxi. Especially for a blogger this is a doomsday scenario. I really have to thank the concierge who made the impossible possible and brought my phone back within an hour without having a name or number of the taxi driver.
That is what I call the perfect service! In the meantime I freshened up for the Stars of the Night event of the Bunte magazine.
What I did not know until this event was that friends of mine also stayed at the Regent.
So after having some drinks at the rooftop of Bikini Berlin we took a taxi together to drive back „home“. It’s funny but like I already told you a few lines before the hotel turned into our home because it felt so familiar to us.
Only a few hours later I had to wake up again because I had an early appointment at Udo Walz.  Breakfast was served from 6:30AM-11:30AM at the Fischers Fritz restaurant. This restaurant belongs to the little number of restaurants in Germany having 2 Michelin stars. Its chef de cuisine Christian Lohse is well known in Germany as a virtuoso and perfectionist. In 2011 & 2012 he won the prize of the best cook in Berlin. Sadly I had not the opportunity to try one of his famous dishes because of my tight fashion week schedule. Hopefully I can make up for dinner next time.
But nonetheless I enjoyed my a la carte breakfast. I could not imagine a better one. I had some fresh pressed orange juice and a green tea, a selection of different buns, cold cuts, cheese and jams. Besides I decided to have some eggs benedict with salmon and french toast as well and these are literally to die for. Although I had to get up so early I had a phenomenal start into the day.
After my visit at the Udo Walz saloon and some fashion shows I went back to the hotel. During the summer time you can find the Veuve Clicquot lounge in the backyard of the Regent. It is the perfect location for having a cold glass of champagne after a stressful day or having some snacks in an intimate atmosphere.
When you sit down here you forget the hustle and bustle of Berlin and you can calm down.
On Wednesday I had to leave Berlin and the Regent. I left with a smile in one eye and a tear in the other because I really enjoyed my stay and I didn’t want to leave but I knew that there will be a next stay. I visited several hotels in Berlin before but the Regent is absolutely my favourite one.
Thanks for having me!

Cheers,
Marc


- photocredit: The Regent Berlin, Hannes Wuschech, The Dapper Report -

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe